Electronic engineering design and prototyping
Hi, I’m Wayne Peacock, the founder. Embedtronics was founded in 2002 to fill a gap in affordable electronic design services for scientific research within South Australia. Today, Embedtronics can design and develop bespoke specialist electronic equipment for industrial & commercial customers through our design and prototyping consultancy services.
I have always been an outdoors person with a passionate for the environment, so why not focus the business around improving and monitoring the world around us. Do you have some sensor data you want to remotely monitor? Do you need help with designing a working prototype? Email us with details, email@example.com
Embedtronics is based in Adelaide, South Australia.
We specialise in the following areas
- Ultra low power Internet of Things (IoT) and telemetry systems
- LoRaWan Systems
- 4G mobile including Cat M1 and NB-Iot
- Low power battery Wi-Fi sensors
- Environmental Monitoring
- Weather Stations
- Air Quantity Monitoring – Indoors and Outdoors ( C02, PM2.5, PM10, TVOC)
- Soil Moisture monitoring (Sentek)
- Tank Level monitoring
- Pump control
- Green house monitoring and control
- Custom Smart Irrigation
- Energy Storage systems
- Lithium iron phosphate battery systems (LifePo4)
- Remote power for logging and telemetry
- Custom BMS and monitoring
- Scientific equipment repairs
- Marine Logging
- Environmental Logging
- General Physics equipment
- High Voltage Pulsing (<50KV) and High Energy Discharge (Plasma Systems)
- High Power Laser timing systems
- Flinders University
- Adelaide University
- Sydney University
- University of South Australia
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SA
- Geoscience Australia (Canberra)
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI)
- Mining Companies
I have spent 16 years working at Flinders University in South Australia for the School of Earth Sciences, School of Chemistry Physics and Earth Sciences and the School of Engineering. My passion was for environmental sciences where I spent years developing custom electronic equipment for Geophysics, Oceanography and Meteorology. This job took me around lots of Australia and even overseas. Lots of the work was remote monitoring sites that where fully solar powered with telemetry links back to the Uni. Some where CDMA, 3G, 4G and Satellite. We also designed IoT type systems in the very early 2000’s to display magnetic and other field day onto websites in near real time. Today it’s very common!
I also spent many years designing and repair of electronic equipment for use in Physics and chemistry research. One day I could be writing windows software, the next designing picosecond timing systems for synchronising high powered lasers, sensitive CCD cameras for imaging electrons and ions. There was interesting work every day!
I moved to Sydney and worked for 18 months at the School of Physics, Sydney University as Senior Engineer – Electrical and Electronic Systems. There were many highlights like the involvement with the AU03 Cube Satellite project which featured in the Australian media (see below). I also designed a 35kV pulsing unit for one of the Plasma research groups.
It was then time to move out of the research sector so I spent 4 Years working at Buddy Technologies and LIFX as a Firmware and Hardware Engineer. Buddy Technologies designed and operated real-time monitoring systems for electricity, water and gas for commercial buildings. LIFX is a smart home lighting company. I was involved in designed electronic circuit boards and writing firmware for various products. There was lots of work on the up coming home automation protocols like OpenThread and Matter (Formally CHIP, or Connect home of IP)